Our friends at Hepburn Wind have been doing some pretty incredible work in the Hepburn Shire over the past couple of years, helping our local community transition to 100% renewable energy.
Just in case you didn’t already know, Hepburn Wind is Australia’s first community-owned wind farm and has been generating renewable energy for six years. Recently their work was covered in the Guardian as part of an Australian wide tour of renewable success stories which you can check out here.
To help that transition energy retailer Powershop, have teamed up with Hepburn Wind.
Now Hepburn Wind and Powershop are offering businesses and homeowners a carbon neutral electricity product that not only supports renewables but local energy initiatives via a financial contribution to Hepburn Wind. Pretty cool hey?
Powershop is Australia’s first and only 100% certified carbon neutral electricity retailer. The new partnership between Powershop and Hepburn Wind has enabled new projects like Daylesford's EV charging station and the upcoming refurbishment of Daylesford's old micro-hydro station.
Some reasons why we are fans of Powershop and their Hepburn Wind electricity product:
1. They’re Australia’s greenest power company (Greenpeace Green Electricity Guide 2014 & 2015)
2. They have super competitive rates, plus no credit card fees
3. They offer great discounts off usage AND supply charges
4. They don’t lock you into contracts or charge exit fees
5. They have an awesome smartphone app & online usage tools
6. They provide monthly online billing to avoid bill shock.